The Executive Director of Asset Management is responsible for developing and implementing strategies that will maximize the operational and financial performance of USAA Real Estate while increasing the value of the company’s portfolio. This person will also be responsible for leading an asset management team and monitoring the physical and financial condition of all properties. The Executive Director monitors and reports performance results to senior executives and outside investors/partners. Primary contacts for this role are with Portfolio Management, partners, co-investors and all third-party management, leasing and development teams.
- Enhance/Own the vision for the Industrial Asset Management strategy, and drive the roadmap for the team, working with key stakeholders. Assist the Head of Asset Management in the development and implementation of long-term and short-term goals for the department.
- Collaboratively work with Portfolio Management to ensure alignment on strategic imperatives at the property and fund level.
- The Executive Director is expected to be: (1) Capable of extreme attention to detail. (2) A strong and experienced negotiator. (3) Able to manage large amounts of complex information easily, draw sound conclusions and communicate them clearly. (4) A good team player with the ability to lead and work independently.
- Influence the roadmap and priorities of other partner groups by proactive engagement on topics related to asset management strategy.
- Formulate plans and procedures, establish deadlines & reporting requirements, analyze problems, and cooperatively develop solutions within Asset Management to ensure the operational and financial performance of assigned portfolio.
- Coordinate the preparation and presentation of the Annual Business plans, budgets and quarterly property valuations. Support for these initiatives includes financial & market analysis, forecasting, positioning and Hold/Sell recommendations. Oversee execution of strategic plan.
- Supervise the quarterly valuation process within Asset management, along with outside appraisers, Partners, Co Investors and assigned Analysts
- Assist in the coordination, implementation and execution of the annual Tenant Survey. Analyze all results/scores and supervises the implementation of Action Plans to improve performance
- Oversee leasing and marketing plan for assigned buildings to include lease up projections, estimated tenant improvement costs, marketing methods and associated budget, and prospect plans, etc.. Supervise and coordinate the negotiation of leases (direct negotiation as necessary). Approve lease transactions within parameters. Review tenant financials and credit profile. Present and obtain senior management approval for transactions outside of parameters.
- Negotiate and administer the service contracts with third-party property management and leasing teams.
- Review and assess the performance of property management and leasing teams.
- Confirm compliance of partner/joint venture and lender requirements in implementation of asset management and property business plans.
- Report to senior management and owner’s partners critical issues related to the assets and portfolio and coordinate preparation of monthly and quarterly reports for Senior Management and Investors. All other related duties, which will ensure the Asset Management Department meets its goals while maximizing efficiency and providing superior asset management services.
- Monitor performances of assigned staff through periodic inspections of properties and information reports.
- Review and approve time and leave requests for assigned staff.
- Prepare performance appraisals and reviews for assigned staff members.
- Coordinate and assist in special projects, including portfolio audits, industry conferences, manuals, and software evaluations.
- Manage priorities using sound control processes (daily/weekly/monthly) to effectively identify, assess and manage risk.
- Coordinate the implementation of all Risk Management initiatives with internal and external resources (consultants and National Property Operations) to include Risk Matrix scoring, commercially appropriate insurance coverages, and annual property inspections by our PM teams/Partners.
- Direct and recommend for approval tax assessment valuations, tax consultants, risk management decisions, and insurance procedures.
- Develop Energy and Sustainability initiatives within the assigned portfolio with our Partners, Co Investors and Third-Party Managers, and coordinates with National Property Operations.
- Monitor market trends in value, cost and supply/demand fundamentals to identify acquisition and disposition opportunities.
- Continuously review portfolio for opportunities to maximize value through renovation, expansion or repositioning of the assets and presents recommendations accordingly. Requires an understanding of competitive positioning relative to rents, lease terms and the overall tenant experience to maintain a competitive edge.
- Act as USAA Real Estate’s market facing representative responsible for broad knowledge of market information, companies, people and economic trends across multiple markets.
- Develop quality long-term relationships with a focus on tenants, brokers, operators, developers and other industry professionals.
- Additional duties as assigned.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screening. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.